Losing teeth can be disheartening; one missing tooth can have a direct effect on your smile as well as your confidence. However, there are many tooth replacement options available now; dentures and partials are among them.
If you have lost a tooth, you can have a denture as an alternate option for the lost teeth and the neighboring tissue, which gives a natural appearance. Partial dentures and complete dentures are available, and are used based on the number of the lost tooth.
Now, dentures are generally made of resin, and they are custom made so that it fits accurately to your mouth and compliments your existing teeth. Extra care should be given to dentures as the material used to make denture is fragile in nature and can wear out or can be chipped off easily. care has to be given to them.
Advantages of Getting Dentures
The benefits associated with getting dentures includes the following:
- It gives your set of teeth a natural appearance.
- Dentures can easily be cleaned.
- It will reduce further oral health issues.
- Dentures are comfortable as they are custom made to fit your mouth.
- Dentures can help chew better, improving your digestion as well.
Partial dentures are used if the patient have lost 2 or 3 teeth. If the surrounding natural teeth are not strong enough, partial dentures are preferred instead of dentures to replace the missing tooth.
The gum line on which the partial dentures sit is fitted on it and is fastened to the adjacent natural teeth, thus helping the teeth from falling out of place.
Partial dentures can:
- Replace one or more missing or diseased teeth
- Restore the appearance and function of the teeth
- Reduce the risk of periodontal disease.